Specifically, for employers, the website includes:
- Comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions, which is set to be updated weekly;
- Resources about the Work Share program;
- Information on how unemployment benefits are impacted as a business reopens; and
- How to report suspected fraud, including if an employee declines an offer to return to work without a qualifying reason.
- Step-by-step instructions for how to apply for both regular unemployment benefits and Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) benefits during the pandemic;
- Common questions about applying for and receiving unemployment benefits;
- Information about new programs related to the CARES Act, including the PUA program, the Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) program, and the Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) program; and
- Other resources available to help Oregonians while they wait for benefits such as food assistance and health coverage.
NOW, NEXT, & BEYOND: Barran Liebman’s E-Alert series covering the COVID-19 pandemic, helping employers identify what they need to do now, next, and beyond to stay in compliance, be responsive to employees, and best position their business for the future.
Electronic Alerts are written by Barran Liebman attorneys for their clients and friends. Alerts are not intended as legal advice, but as employment law, labor law, and employee benefits announcements. If this has been forwarded to you, and you would like to begin receiving Electronic Alerts directly, please email or call Traci Ray at 503-276-2115. Copyright ©2021 by Barran Liebman LLP.
Las Alertas electrónicas son escritas por abogados de Barran Liebman para sus clientes y amigos. Las Alertas no son proveídas como asesoramiento legal, sino solo como anuncios de leyes de empleo, leyes laborales y beneficios de empleo. Si esto ha sido remetido a usted y quisieras empezar a recibir las Alertas directamente, por favor mándanos un correo electrónico o llama a Traci Ray al 503-276-2115. Derechos de autor ©2021 por Barran Liebman LLP.