On August 5, 2021, OHA issued its temporary rule effective through January 31, 2022. Simply put, the rule requires:
In order to work, learn, study, assist, observe, or volunteer in any healthcare setting healthcare providers and healthcare staff must:
- be fully vaccinated; or
- undergo COVID-19 testing at least weekly, by molecular or antigen detection for any week the provider or staff person intends to be present at a healthcare setting, on a schedule established by the healthcare provider’s or healthcare staff person’s employer, contractor or responsible party, or in the case of a self-employed healthcare provider, on their own schedule.
In developing their policy, covered employers should address:
- Requesting and obtaining proof of vaccination;
- Required testing for any covered employee who is unvaccinated or has an unknown vaccination status;
- Maintaining test results and vaccination status (in a separate confidential medical file) for at least two years;
- Process for accommodations;
- Wage and hour issues regarding time spent for vaccination or testing; and
- Covering the cost of testing when required by law.
For questions regarding who is covered by this rule, developing a policy, or other compliance issues, please contact Barran Liebman attorney Amy Angel at email@example.com.
Electronic Alerts are written by Barran Liebman attorneys for their clients and friends. Alerts are not intended as legal advice, but as employment law, labor law, and employee benefits announcements. If this has been forwarded to you, and you would like to begin receiving Electronic Alerts directly, please email or call Traci Ray at 503-276-2115. Copyright ©2022 by Barran Liebman LLP.
Las Alertas electrónicas son escritas por abogados de Barran Liebman para sus clientes y amigos. Las Alertas no son proveídas como asesoramiento legal, sino solo como anuncios de leyes de empleo, leyes laborales y beneficios de empleo. Si esto ha sido remetido a usted y quisieras empezar a recibir las Alertas directamente, por favor mándanos un correo electrónico o llama a Traci Ray al 503-276-2115. Derechos de autor ©2022 por Barran Liebman LLP.